2.2.09

The Loner in Me

The long bus rides and the nauseating minutes in the LRT have brought out the loner in me.

Lately, I’ve been having lunch alone, been going to Rob alone, been going through clinics alone.. And it surprises me how comfortable I am with it. Before my exile… haha.. I mean, before, I would be restless whenever I have to stay in the condo alone. I’ll text message my friends to find out where they are and if they wanted to do something together. It has always been awkward for me to be by myself. But lately, not intentionally though, I have been a loner; Gayle doesn’t go to school much (pati na rin si Che at Isay..), Paulo has Joni.. and well, I’m usually left all to myself.

I’ve gotten use to it, I guess. It sometimes gets pretty lonely.. I feel forlorn and friendless! Haha. But I know that’s not true. I know my friends are still there, it’s just that I can’t spend much time with them anymore.

It’s an accomplishment though; being able to go throughout the day not needing anyone. I somehow feel I’m on the brink of independence. Most of the people I know have realized by now that I am too sheltered. And that’s why I feel somehow liberated – not needing anyone but myself.

I enjoy being alone; I have time to think or to just stare out at NLEX. But I think I’m very much a people person at heart. Miss Congeniality nga sabi ni Anna Michelle. (haha) So I better get sociable again and figure out how I’m going to spend time with my friends.

1 comment:

Senyorita Chayel said...

bru!
andrama mo!
=)

nahalungkat ko blogger account na ginawa ko nung december...hihi