28.2.09

Lloydy's Part 2

My initial reaction when I found out that “A Very Special Love” has a sequel is that of, well, apprehension. I thought that the movie was simple and that it couldn’t have a sequel because what else could possibly happen? Parang I couldn’t imagine what the conflict of the movie will be. However, after remembering how cute Lloydy was in the first movie, my friends and I decided to go and watch the film. Haha! Ok.. I was pretty excited about it!

Turns out, the story did have a pretty good “conflict” in it. Miguel (Lloydy) is busy at work. He’s working his ass out to gain the respect and approval of his family. Laida on the other hand, made her life revolve around her dream-come-true boyfriend. She eventually finds herself disappointed when Miguel couldn’t spend more time with her.

The plot is simple but everyone who has had a taste of being in a relationship for the first time would find themselves easily relating to the characters. I for one could only cringe as I remember how I said the very same lines Laida said to Miggy. I cringe because now, they seem so petty and very irrational. Lines like how I feel I love someone more than he loves me, or how I want my partner’s world to revolve around me, or how I’m tired of hearing him say that there’s nothing more he could give or change and that he’s doing his best. When I saw the movie, I realized how ill and crazy one could get especially when it comes to relationships.

Some of the points I took home from the movie: (1) Love should never be measured. It is not about who loves who more; because if we could measure love, it always wouldn’t be enough and it will never be shared equally between partners. Just love, without measuring what you get in return.

(2) Your world is your world. His world is his world. They could merge at some point but you two have different circles, different set of friends, different activities… Do not move into a single world where only the two of you exist. Allow growth.

(3) A hug could do wonders! Haha! Power hug! Hahaha!

Anyway, for those who haven’t watched the movie yet, go! Although it is a bit corny (especially the bits wherein Sarah calls Lloydy “bebe ko!”) it could be such cheap thrill!”,

2 comments:

MARIE said...

as I told SR, "masayang maging jologs paminsan-minsan". i enjoyed hanging out with you . . . more than the film. hahaha

Kc said...

Haha. Napanood ko na din (wala na to). nakaka-cringe din ang "bebe ko" moments pati ang "breakdance" haha.

They shot the office scenes in our former office building, which made me more alert (Oh please, sana wag ako makita sa background). Hahaha.

Overall, its simple nga. But funny and entertaining pa rin. :)