7.9.10

Faith Feud

I had half a day to spend with Pau and Gayle. It was so fun to just hang around. We went to Rob, and ate lots and lots of food. We also went to Toys ‘R Us, it was so exciting to be around so many toys.



Anyway, I just have to write about our conversation earlier. We were talking about our beliefs and faith. As it is, our crowd is a melting pot of different religions and various beliefs. I am a Christian. I believe in God and in the bible. Pau is a Catholic and he believes in God, the bible and the traditions of Catholicism. Gayle is an agnostic. She “doubts” that there is a God. She believes in multiple lifetimes and karma.

All throughout the discussion I kept on repeating that I think religion is pathetic. And I really think it is. I believe religion does nothing but impose do’s and don’ts, trigger division and debates and it veers us away from really focusing on what’s important, and that is a relationship with God.

I hate all the halfhearted rituals and all the hypocrite personalities in religious organizations. But what I really hate about religion is that it causes division among people who believe in one Supreme Being, and that is God.

I get deeply injured as I hear people criticize the bible, what I believe in. But I don’t feel the need to justify, explain or defend my stand. I have come to believe what I believe because I have experienced it in my own life and I have been witness to the countless lives that have been changed.

If only religion was not invented at all. If only people could have a relationship with God without having to be identified with a certain group. Then maybe faith wouldn’t lead to feud.
Oh pero don't worry, we're still friends.. and they love me.. haha..

No comments: