A friend from way back sent me a text message during the holidays. He actually asks how I am every so often. And I almost always fail to reply. But as always, he got me thinking about writing. He asked, “Do you still write?”. I told him I rarely have the time to do so and that I was a bit apprehensive to put my thoughts out in the open as haters usually find themselves reading and commenting on my blogs. He said I should continue writing because I write well. He even told me to submit an article to a column we both have been avid readers of. So here I am, inspired to blog because I found out there’s still at least one person in the whole world who believes I could express myself well through words. To my friend, thank you.
Anyway, my holiday vacation was jam packed! I met up with friends, helped out my mom with her personalized gifts for her friends, attended a lot of parties and of course, I shopped.
Unknown to people, I have this tendency to obsess. And this year I have been obsessed with a. shoes and b. make – up and beauty products. I know, I could be vain and I am admittedly maarte so let me just go through my year through these obsessions.
Shoes. It was mostly about fashion. This year Seventeen Magazine PH stopped publishing issues. I was left staring at the magazine stands wondering which magazine to buy instead. In my desperation (haha), I think I bought Mega. It was a high end fashion magazine, most of which contents I could never ever buy. When my friend saw me lugging around that magazine, she suggested Preview. She told me that it was more “consumer friendly”. So I have been buying Preview ever since.
Preview magazine is different from Seventeen or Cosmo because it mostly is about fashion. From Preview I rekindled my love for fashion. What was even more fantastic is that my mom is a clothe-junkie. (If there’s such a word.) She has sooo much clothes! She has clothes in my closet, in my sister’s closet, in my brother’s closet, in my dad’s closet, she has a clothe rack in the family room, in the dressing room downstairs and lots and lots of clothes tucked away in a bodega here in our house. These clothes she would only wear once and then she’d move on to another piece of garment. So clothes were never a problem for me. Even if I do not buy clothes, I’d live. Shoes, however, was a different story. My mom only has eyes for comfortable, granny looking shoes. She rarely wears high heels. And I needed high heels. And so the start of an obsession which left me broke for most part of the year. I’ve acquired a lot of pairs of heels and I think I’ve fallen in love with wedges. :sigh: Let’s go to Liliw! Haha
Make – up. I can’t recall how I got into this addiction. Oh I think it was because my tita
became a Mary Kay “dealer” (yun ba tawag sa kanila?). And I could get make – up either for free or for a discounted price. Before I thought a foundation, a blush and a lipgloss is all it takes. Oh gosh was I dead wrong! There are hundreds of different brushes, thousands of gorgeous shades of eye shadows, numerous liners to try. I also discovered make – up bases, foundation primers, eye primer, concealers … ok I’ll stop now.. haha! I have more make – up to last me a lifetime. But I want more. I need a kabuki brush, a contour palette and a good make – up remover. I have yet to try brands like Benefits, Make Up Forever and Urban Decay.
Prediction for this year: Ade will be broke.
Anyway, my holiday vacation was jam packed! I met up with friends, helped out my mom with her personalized gifts for her friends, attended a lot of parties and of course, I shopped.
Unknown to people, I have this tendency to obsess. And this year I have been obsessed with a. shoes and b. make – up and beauty products. I know, I could be vain and I am admittedly maarte so let me just go through my year through these obsessions.
Shoes. It was mostly about fashion. This year Seventeen Magazine PH stopped publishing issues. I was left staring at the magazine stands wondering which magazine to buy instead. In my desperation (haha), I think I bought Mega. It was a high end fashion magazine, most of which contents I could never ever buy. When my friend saw me lugging around that magazine, she suggested Preview. She told me that it was more “consumer friendly”. So I have been buying Preview ever since.Preview magazine is different from Seventeen or Cosmo because it mostly is about fashion. From Preview I rekindled my love for fashion. What was even more fantastic is that my mom is a clothe-junkie. (If there’s such a word.) She has sooo much clothes! She has clothes in my closet, in my sister’s closet, in my brother’s closet, in my dad’s closet, she has a clothe rack in the family room, in the dressing room downstairs and lots and lots of clothes tucked away in a bodega here in our house. These clothes she would only wear once and then she’d move on to another piece of garment. So clothes were never a problem for me. Even if I do not buy clothes, I’d live. Shoes, however, was a different story. My mom only has eyes for comfortable, granny looking shoes. She rarely wears high heels. And I needed high heels. And so the start of an obsession which left me broke for most part of the year. I’ve acquired a lot of pairs of heels and I think I’ve fallen in love with wedges. :sigh: Let’s go to Liliw! Haha
Make – up. I can’t recall how I got into this addiction. Oh I think it was because my tita
became a Mary Kay “dealer” (yun ba tawag sa kanila?). And I could get make – up either for free or for a discounted price. Before I thought a foundation, a blush and a lipgloss is all it takes. Oh gosh was I dead wrong! There are hundreds of different brushes, thousands of gorgeous shades of eye shadows, numerous liners to try. I also discovered make – up bases, foundation primers, eye primer, concealers … ok I’ll stop now.. haha! I have more make – up to last me a lifetime. But I want more. I need a kabuki brush, a contour palette and a good make – up remover. I have yet to try brands like Benefits, Make Up Forever and Urban Decay.Prediction for this year: Ade will be broke.
No comments:
Post a Comment