27.9.08

Little Goals

Last Wednesday, for lack of anything to do, Gayle and I decided to have new ID’s made. It only took five minutes. We had new ID’s, with the UP Centennial Logo. If you look at our ID’s almost 7years ago and compare it with what we have now, my gosh, so much has changed. And I’m not only talking about the ID format itself, but our pictures as well. I looked so jologs then! Haha.

Anyway, after meeting with Pau we decided to text everyone and go to Gayle’s house to hang out. We watched Shutter. (Well, they watched the movie, I had my eyes covered almost the whole time! Haha)

After that, as we we’re having snacks Gayle’s Dad, who was eating with us, suddenly asked us a question, “Do you plan your life?” No one answered. We just looked at each other and stared. Personally, I do have plans, but my plans are a bit general and vague. Also, my goals are mostly short – termed. So the question really caught me by surprise and I don’t think Tito would be impressed with what I had to say. So I kept quiet.

He then proceeded by telling us a story about a guy climbing a mountain. He was with a partner. On their way up, they had some difficulty and one of the guys fell. He broke his arm and he was in terrible pain. At that point, he had two choices, either go on or give up and die.

The guy decided to go one in spite of the pain. To keep him going, he set short goals instead of thinking of the whole distance he has to cover. He aimed to cover a certain distance in 20 minutes.

Tito said that we should set achievable goals. We shouldn’t think ahead of ourselves because we usually would get discouraged. Realistic goals would keep us from disappointment.

Examples of achievable goals for October:
- Finish the pustisos I am making by the end of next week.
- Finish my bunot requirements by the end of the sem.

Indeed, having achieved something by the end of a month or a week or even a day, does a lot in our willingness to wake up and start another day, to finish another goal. And these little goals make up an ultimate goal. Life seems easier this way, don’t you think? “,

1 comment:

zazt said...

tada!!! wow! what a question! haha.. great thought..